Just after 10:00 PM on Sunday, March 8th, 2020, Sheridan, SW Polk and West Valley crews were dispacthed to a possible chimney fire in Sheridan. Crews arrived to find burning ash coming from the chimney, despite the fact that the fire inside the wood stove was no longer burning. Crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire and were able to keep the damage to the house to a minimum. The occupants of the house were able to evacuate the home safely prior to crews arrival.
We would like to remind the public to keep all heating appliances clean and maintained throughout the year to avoid fires.